Engine Quick Check
There is nothing worse than having to have your engine
serviced on the road! You can't prepare for everything
that can go wrong, but here are a few commonsense checks
you can make before you leave town to ensure a safe trip.
Most of these apply to any vehicles you may be towing as
well. For a more complete GMC Checklist go to the Pre-Flight Checklist.
- Tires...Check the treads and the pressure. Don't
forget to check your spare.
- Water...Fill up supply tank before you travel
- Oil... Check it and Change it if necessary.
- Gas...You're not getting far without it
- Fluids...Check all engine fluids: coolant, washer
fluid, brake fluids, transmission fluid, and
radiator water level.
- Battery...Check water level, cables and charge.
- Air Filter...Replace if necessary.
- Sewer...Dump it and secure it.
- Heater/AC...Check Freon levels and belts
- Turn off pilot lights.
- Visual Check...Do a once over of your engine.
Look for loose or frayed cables, belts, missing
or loose screws/bolts.
- Make sure you've packed and replenished your tools and spares before you
- If this is your first trip, nothing beats a check
by a reliable mechanic.
Home | Sitemap | History | FAQ | Forums | GMC Sales | E-Mail
Clubs | On-The-Road | Funpages | Shopping | Regional
For Sale by Owner