If you have never been to the grounds of a new
campsite, here are a few things you can call ahead and
ask. If you are planning a large Rally, you may want to
print out this list and provide it to the campsite
Manager to assist in preparing the grounds.
- What is the cost and availability
- Where is the check-in office located and what
hours is it open
- Can you get maps of the grounds sent to you
- What hook-ups will be provided
Water, Sewer and Electrical
- What facilities are available on the grounds
Restroom, Showers, Community Areas, Bar-B-Que or
Fireplace pits, laundry.
- Is it handicap accessible
- How far to the nearest hospital or emergency
- How far is it to shopping and what transportation
is available (if any)
- How accessible are the parking spots:
a. Dirt road or paved (will the road need to be
graded or filled)
b. Overhanging trees or other obstacles
c. Can you reserve the spots close together
d. Are the spots close to the facilities
e. Are they high traffic or secluded areas.
- What restrictions are imposed: Animals, Children,
Alcohol, Noise, etc.
- Are there other activities in the area at that
time which would interfere with the rally. For
example a busy fair or road construction plans.
- What will the weather be like at that time of
- What local activities/events or places of
interest do they recommend